Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stephane Mbia Issues a Come and Get Me and Other Quotes From EPL Week 5

We've all read come and get me pleas at one stage or another. But Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia takes the biscuit.


"I want Everton- It's my dream. Everton want me, and Arsenal do too, so I'm waiting. I want to play for Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Chelsea is my favourite. If Manchester, Everton or Arsenal come for me I will go. It's all very very good. Manchester is my dream: I'd like to join them. And I like Everton. So I'm waiting."

No Spurs?


2) "Mourinho is a man who deserves a smack on the mouth"

Catania general manager Pietro Lo Monaco after Inter won 2-1.

3) "I do not think I am the best manager in the world, but I also don't believe that there is anyone in the world that is better than me"

Who else but Jose.

4)"I think the whole country realises he is one of the best four managers in the world"

No not Jose, but Wigan owner Dave Whelan on Steve Bruce. Really, I'm not making this up.

5) "Liverpool are like duracell bunnies. You just wind them up and off they go"

Eric Gerets after Liverpool beat Marseille, he obviously didn't stick around for the Stoke game...

6) "I've never seen anything like it. It was like a UFO landing"

Aidy Boothroyd on the goal that should never have been

7)"He wooed all the ladies, then consumed my barbecue and all my alcohol"

A Brazilian bar owner after a Ronaldinho night on the town